The goal of It’s Our Time is a complete transformation of our campus space.
Beginning with a Board strategic visioning process almost fifteen years ago, we have been working to ensure that our physical spaces match the quality of our educational program and the high aspirations we have for our children.
Three primary goals meet the needs long identified by our school leadership and families alike:
1. A safer, more convenient traffic flow
A $1.5M reorientation and expansion of our parking lot and traffic flow utilizing school owned land along Goldsborough Street.
- The new traffic flow will reduce (to one location) where children and families cross traffic.
- Parking capacity will expand by 35%.
- It will be more convenient for our school families to park and come into the school at drop-off and pick-up.
- This will also ease traffic along route 50 by relocating entry and exit further down Goldsborough Street.
2. Modern, practical, and flexible learning spaces for our Upper School (grades 5-8)
A new 20,000 square foot Upper School constructed on the site of our current drop-off and pick-up parking lot.
- New classroom and lab space will enhance the educational experience of all of our students
- As learning becomes increasingly collaborative and activity-based, classrooms need to become more spacious and flexible.
- A strong curriculum requires STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) instruction. The new Upper School will include a new STEAM classroom, Science Lab, and Art Room.
- Our Upper School children currently have the smallest classrooms.
3. Refreshed and reoriented spaces in our existing facility
A $1.5M renovation of several areas in our building including former Upper School classrooms, relocation of the main office and administrative offices to create a unified campus entrance on the West side of our building.
- Having one, central school entrance enables us to better monitor the building at all times.
- Reoriented spaces will allow us to dedicate space for Lower School science and a Pre-K program.